Welcome to my blog where I share my personal recipes with my friends and the public. Take a look at my recipes and let me know what you think. Recipes are added everyday so come on back and take a look. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Poached Salmon Recipe

Salmon is considered to be healthy because it’s high in protein, high in omega-3 fats and provides 100% of your daily vitamin D requirements.  In addition to that salmon, if cooked properly, is extremely delicious.  In my opinion the best way to cook salmon is by poaching it in a flavorful broth.  Below is my easy to follow recipe for making a delicious poached salmon that is made with salmon fillets, white wine, water, onion, garlic, carrot, dill, parsley and peppercorns.


Ingredients

1/2 cup of a dry white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc
3/4 cup of water
1/2 of an onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot, sliced on the bias
1 garlic
3 sprigs of fresh dill
2 sprigs of fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon of peppercorns
 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, with skin on

Instructions:

You will want to place your wine, water, onion, carrot, garlic, dill, parsley, onion and peppercorns into a skillet and place your skillet on a medium heat and bring it to a boil.  When your liquid begins to boil reduce your heat and bring your liquid to a simmer.

Then place your salmon fillets in the liquid, skin side down, and place your cover on your skillet.  You will want to cook salmon until your salmon is opaque and just cooked through.  This will take about 7 to 8 minutes.  I suggest taking a look at your fillets around 6 minutes into cooking.  Be careful not to over cook your salmon.

Then remove your poached salmon from the skillet with a slotted  spatula and place them on some paper towels so that the liquid is absorbed.  Then transfer your poached salmon to your serving plates and serve with my hollandaise sauce.  enjoy

Please look at my next recipe on this blog for a delicious hollandaise sauce to serve with your poached salmon.


No comments:

Post a Comment