Welcome to my blog where I share my personal recipes with my friends and the public. Take a look at my recipes and let me know what you think. Recipes are added everyday so come on back and take a look. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Homemade Applesauce Recipe

There is nothing quite as delicious as fresh homemade applesauce.   By making your own you can control the amount of sugar and preservatives that go into your body.  Below is my recipe for some delicious applesauce that is made with apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.  I suggest using granny smith apples for this recipe.


Ingredients:

4 pounds of apples, peeled, cored and chopped
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 cup of water

Instructions:

You will want to begin this recipe by taking a 5-quart saucepan and adding in your apples, lemon juice,  cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and water.  Then place your saucepan over a medium high heat.   Once it comes to a boil you should reduce your heat to low, cover your pot and then let it simmer until you apples are nice and tender so that you can mash them.  This should take 20 to 30 minutes.

When your apples are tender you should remove your saucepan from the heat and then mash your apples with a potato masher until you have the consistency that you want.  I like my applesauce to be slightly chunky so I do not fully mash my applesauce.  Then simply place your applesauce in an airtight container and then refrigerate until it is cold and serve.  You can keep your applesauce in the refrigerator for several weeks as long as you store it in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment