Welcome to my blog where I share my personal recipes with my friends and the public. Take a look at my recipes and let me know what you think. Recipes are added everyday so come on back and take a look. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Garlic Tea Recipe

Garlic tea is a very healthy drink.  It will help you with your sore throat and since garlic stimulates the immune system, is an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory it can help your body fight off the symptoms of a cold.  Below is my recipe for making a delicious and healthy garlic tea that is simply made with water, garlic, ginger, lemon herbal tea, honey and lemon juice.


Ingredients:

4 cups of clean fresh water
6 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
1 (2 inch) piece of ginger
1 individual lemon herbal tea bags
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of lemon juice

Instructions:

You will want to pour your water, garlic and ginger into a 3-Quart Saucepan and bring the water to a boil.   When it comes to a boil turn your burner off and take your saucepan off the heat and add in your tea bag, lemon juice and honey and give it a stir.

Then place your lid on your saucepan and let your garlic tea steep for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how strong you want your tea.  After that time strain your tea and enjoy your garlic tea throughout the day until you are feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment